Mere Orthodoxy

has been moved to new address

http://www.mereorthodoxy.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

Mere-Orthodoxy: Matt's Media-Life Update

Sunday, April 24, 2005

Matt's Media-Life Update

Thanks to Grace Hill Media, I've recently become more "in tune" with what's happening in Hollywood. I am really starting to enjoy thinking about media and the possibilities of communicating messages to broad audiences. With this topic in mind, I attended Biola's Media Conference today. Among the highlights:

  • I don't know if it will be a very good docu-drama, but hearing Steve Borden (a.k.a. Sting) talk was awesome. Borden was funny, genuine, and downright honest about his life during and after his career as a pro-wrestler. Hearing his stories was a lot of fun!
  • I got to see clips from The Visitation, a new movie that Ralph Winter is working on. The Visitation is adapted from Frank Peretti's book of the same name. It will be interesting to see if Winter is able to turn a profit on it at all. He has much better prospects with the Fantastic Four, which I also saw the preview to. It looked to me like a run-of-the-mill comic book flick, but then again, I'm no expert.
  • Perhaps most exciting was a never-before seen preview of Narnia: The Lion, Witch and the Wardrobe. They had finished it (or mostly finished, at least) last night at 6:00, just in time to show it at the conference. For those worried about the movie's fidelity to the books, they pointed out that Douglas Gresham, who is Lewis's son and proprietor of his estate, is a co-producer on the movie. The movie looks really, really, good. It was fun to get a sneak peak at it.

It was a great day--I met some fantastic people and made some great connections. My only disappointment was that I didn't get to meet the fantastic people from Grace Hill. I'm sure they had a representative there, but I didn't run into him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home