Mere Orthodoxy

has been moved to new address

http://www.mereorthodoxy.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

Mere-Orthodoxy: Thanksgiving Blogging

Saturday, November 26, 2005

Thanksgiving Blogging

The wife and I had our very first Thanksgiving alone this year. It was a fantastic time and a scrumptious dinner. The report card: Baked Brie in Bread: A+. Always amazing. Spinach mashed potatoes: A. We're still enjoying them. Home-made rolls: A-. A little heavy, but delicious, especially with strawberry jam. Stuffing: B. This was my fault--I made it and I messed it up. Parts were too mushy, other parts were too dry. Pumpkin pie: A+. It was a great capstone to the meal. Turkey: A. I wanted to give it an A+--my wife says it would have been, if I had carved it better. Live and learn. The basting sauce was excellent. White zinfandel wine with melted butter--we were told to use a T-shirt to keep the turkey moist. It worked extremely well. All in all, a fantastic time. It's going to be very difficult to return to work.

3 Comments:

At 11/27/2005 10:16:00 AM, Blogger Jonathan said...

Wow, Matt, I'm more attracted to you than ever! How come you look a thousand times more handsome than normal (which is a lot as it is)? Did you shave some sideburns off or something? Whatever it is, it works.

 
At 11/27/2005 11:47:00 PM, Blogger Matthew Anderson said...

Jon,

I'm speechless. Utterly speechless.

Matt

 
At 11/28/2005 08:10:00 AM, Blogger Matthew Anderson said...

Charlie,

You should remember to wash the t-shirt first.

And quit drinking transmission fluid too. I'm a tad worried you know what it tastes like....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home