Mere Orthodoxy

has been moved to new address

http://www.mereorthodoxy.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

Mere-Orthodoxy: An Announcement of Some Importance

Thursday, September 15, 2005

An Announcement of Some Importance

I have been extremely busy the last few weeks and months working on several projects. As regular Mere-O readers know most of what I'm up to, I am now ready to announce the final piece to my extremely insane schedule. I am writing a book. It's on a topic that I've hardly discussed here at Mere-O and which I find more fascinating than perhaps any other. "Theological hermeneutics, perhaps?" "Intelligent design and the limits of science?" Try dating and relationships. I've intentionally not blogged about the topic (and will continue to do so) because I am actually hunting for a publisher (I have leads) to publish it. If none will take my meager effort, then I will self-publish. I'm that serious about it. It has consumed my thoughts in the three months that I've been married--my beautiful wife has graciously consented to let me spend some long nights hacking away at a keyboard, pounding out thoughts about how young Christians can survive the dating world. It is no little excitement, then, that I am able to announce that I will be lecturing on the topic at Biola University on September 21st at 8:00 p.m. The lecture will happen in Mayers Auditorium, which seats 244. I'm hoping (heh) to fill it. The lecture title? "The Bible Says Nothing About Dating: Navigating the Relational Waters Safely." If any bloggers are in the Southern California area and would like to drop by, you're more then welcome. Email me (address available here). I would appreciate prayers as I pursue what often feels like a fool's hope.

6 Comments:

At 9/16/2005 12:20:00 PM, Blogger MWΣ+ said...

If you call it "I kissed dating HELLO!" I'll give you $50.

 
At 9/16/2005 01:03:00 PM, Blogger Matthew Anderson said...

Heh.

While I've thought about this, I've decided to not sell myself as the 'anti-Josh Harris.' It's been tried (see I Gave Dating a Chance) and wasn't very successful.

 
At 9/16/2005 06:46:00 PM, Blogger Lauren said...

Matt, is this a context lecture you're doing with Torrey?
L.

 
At 9/16/2005 11:19:00 PM, Blogger Matthew Anderson said...

Lauren,

Affirmative.

 
At 9/17/2005 11:36:00 AM, Blogger Jonathan said...

Just make sure you send a headshot along with your MS because you'll be a thousand times more likely to get a book deal if the publisher knows they can publicize the heck out of you and sign you up for promotional interviews on TV with that Michelangelo-scuplted face of yours.

You have more credibility as an attractive person since no one takes seriously the ugly smelly guy who "realizes" an arranged marriage is the most virtuous way to get married.

But even if you don't want to trade on your looks and just get it vanity published I'll still buy a copy.

 
At 9/19/2005 09:57:00 PM, Blogger alhtheia said...

i will definitely be attending
and
will be praying :}

 

Post a Comment

<< Home