Mere Orthodoxy

has been moved to new address

http://www.mereorthodoxy.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

Mere-Orthodoxy: Half.Com List

Sunday, July 31, 2005

Half.Com List

I have officially plunged into the world of e-commerce. My wife and I purged our book collection we somehow picked up and no longer want. The result was a three hour listing session on Half.com. We've saved our good books, of course, so there's not much to choose from, but take a look and if you see something you like, email me and we'll work out a private sale.

6 Comments:

At 8/01/2005 04:08:00 PM, Blogger Matthew Anderson said...

Ouch. I deserve that. Updated...

 
At 8/01/2005 09:45:00 PM, Blogger K-W said...

I think I sense some hostility towards Calvin in that there list... ;)

I would have actually picked one or two of your books up if I weren't moving in a week.

 
At 8/01/2005 11:19:00 PM, Blogger Matthew Anderson said...

Heh. You infer too much. Calvin's actually become a dominant influence on my thinking. He's too good of a dialogue partner. Rather, you should infer that both my wife and I have moved on to Battles' translation, which is far superior.

 
At 8/04/2005 10:31:00 PM, Blogger K-W said...

Impressive. I stand corrected, and much pleased.

 
At 8/05/2005 02:32:00 PM, Blogger Jonathan said...

No offense, but I would get rid of most of those books too. ;-)

I was going to take offense at Milton on the list but I have that Signet edition among others and it's a total piece of crap. The pages aren't even cut very well.

I'm curious though, since some of those seem like books you took notes in for THI: of your duplicate Torrey texts how did you decide whose notes to keep and whose to get rid of?

 
At 8/05/2005 03:38:00 PM, Blogger Matthew Anderson said...

None taken. : )

We still have Milton lying around--two copies of his complete works, I think.

Any books that we had notes in we kept both copies. If one copy had no notes, we sold it. Some of them (Federalist Papers) had so few comments they merited selling as well.

We might purge our collection a bit more--we're running out of bookshelve space quickly!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home