Mere Orthodoxy

has been moved to new address

http://www.mereorthodoxy.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

Mere-Orthodoxy: Redeem the Time.......

Wednesday, May 19, 2004

Redeem the Time.......

"Here I find myself in the middle of twenty years largely wasted....." Eliot just captures it perfectly. As I graduate from university, I am struck by the amount of time wasted. "Redeem the time," says Paul, "for the days are evil." However the days are, the time is precious. Books unread, prayers unprayed, movements not started, changes not brought about--all left to "what might have been." It is a difficult thing to face, the feeling that your life is wasting away. I can't imagine how hard the feeling will be when I'm forty, and am wondering why I haven't done more with my life. Four years of time wasted is hard enough--forty will be unbearable. The danger we face isn't leaving a bad legacy--it's leaving no legacy at all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home