Mere Orthodoxy

has been moved to new address

http://www.mereorthodoxy.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

Mere-Orthodoxy: Man on Fire

Friday, April 23, 2004

Man on Fire

I was listening to the radio as I drove up to work yesterday when I heard a brilliant radio advertisement for Denzel Washington's new movie, Man On Fire. It was your typical over-enthusiastic over-statement of an ad, complete with over-excited critic reviews and drum-laden explosive music. Critics in the ad hailed the movie saying "This is a movie experience unlike audiences have ever experienced!" and "Denzel Washington literally sets the screen on fire!". "Denzel Washington literally sets the screen on fire"? I was all alone in my car, but I still laughed myself to tears. Maybe we should be a little more careful about what words we use and where. Man On Fire official web site (the movie isn't actually supposed to be that good, but I'll probably see it anyway)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home