Mere Orthodoxy

has been moved to new address

http://www.mereorthodoxy.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

Mere-Orthodoxy

Friday, April 16, 2004

Inter-Varsity Press has just announced its affiliation with the new prgram, Emerging Scholars Network, a kind of solidarity program for Christians in the university at all levels. IVP is offering 30% discounts to all ESN members, and it's free to join. I think this is a great thing in general, but I have one problem: IVP is not really a scholarly publisher; they're a popular publisher. Eerdman's is the academic imprint of IVP, but there seems to be no sign of them on the ESN page. If IVP hopes to make inroads in academia, they ought to do it under the Eerdman's label. I wonder if ESN loses some of its academic credibility by its association with IVP. On the other hand, it will be a triumph of my career if IVP ever publishes anything by me. Check it out: www.emergingscholars.org

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home